Water Optimization in Self-Service Stores: Implementing a Sub-metering and Monitoring System for Conserving Resources
We optimized business management with a platform providing real-time data. This enables the identification of operational inefficiencies and assessment of water footprint, easing the implementation of strategies to save water
Management and Optimization of Water Consumption
The leading U.S.self-service multinational has a strong commitment to ESG standards. Focused on sustainability, it aims to mitigate climate change, promote the circular economy, and conserve biodiversity through sustainable sourcing practices. It aims to set goals for 2035 and collaborate with various stakeholders to achieve its sustainable objectives and combat climate change.
Measurement and Monitoring System Project
The project aims to install a real-time measurement and monitoring system for potable water consumption across all company units. This will enable the construction of a database, compliance with regulatory requirements, consumption calculations, establishment of efficient water control solutions, and determination of thewater footprint. Additionally, initiatives for savings will be generated based on the analysis of the collected information.
The challenge was set to install a real-time water monitoring system, ensuring constant operation of 95% of the meters to guarantee process reliability. It was implemented through Energy Assistant, S2G Energy’s platform, to provide information to users. The company valued the water consumption database to build savings strategies and sustainable practices. Before the execution of this project, water consumption knowledge was estimated, resulting in unnecessary costs. The implementation of IoT sensors allowed for leak detection and repair, converted into significant savings. The platform eased real-time monitoring and comparison of data through customized KPIs, saving time and enhancing corporate staff productivity.
S2G Energy Solution
- IoT sensors were installed to measure water consumption, and a user-centric management and information platform was developed
- Strategies were developed to manage savings initiatives in key areas, ensuring efficient and sustainable water consumption
- The water consumption data from various types of areas was centralized, and intelligence was implemented to achieve efficiencies and detect operational anomalies
- Building trust among users by providing accurate information on water consumption across various areas within a specific location
- Leaks, inefficiencies, and unusual consumption were detected in the water system of a specific location. Facilitated quick and easy data retrieval to inform local and federal authorities about water consumption
Increased productivity due to the speed in retrieving data to report to the governmental authorities
Efficiency data was obtained by implementing measurement and verification strategies for ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) reporting